Last updated: 29th Jan 2020
At Mohalla Tech Private Limited (“Mohalla Tech”) we believe that a strong commitment and strategic approach to sustainable development is essential for managing the challenges and opportunities of a rapidly changing global environment.
In alignment with our ongoing sustainability efforts we have developed the Supplier Code of Conduct (“the Code”) to ensure that all of our business partners, suppliers, and manufacturers (including their agents and subcontractors) meet our basic expectations of doing business related to legal requirements, ethical practices, human rights, and environmental management. These standards are based on well-respected and recognized international standards.
Compliance with these standards is an expectation of doing business with Mohalla Tech, as the Code defines the non-negotiable minimum standards that we ask our suppliers and their sub-tier suppliers or sub-contractors (“the Supplier”), to respect and adhere to.
Mohalla Tech seeks to develop and strengthen partnerships based on a shared commitment of transparency, collaboration, and mutual respect. While Mohalla Tech appreciates that our suppliers operate in a variety of different legal, geographical, and cultural environments we expect all Suppliers and their suppliers to comply with the Code, and hope that our Suppliers will strive to exceed these standards.
The standards of this Code are in addition to, and not in lieu of, the provisions of any legal agreement or contract between a supplier and Mohalla Tech.
The term “Worker” in this document includes own hired workers as well as on-site temporary workers, piece rate workers, contracted workers, trainees and workers on trial or probation.
1. Business Integrity, Governance and Ethics:
· Mohalla Tech believes in honesty, integrity and fair dealing. As a company, Mohalla Tech is subject to all relevant anti-bribery and corruption laws including Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988. Suppliers should ensure that they comply with the relevant anti-bribery and corruption laws in both letter and in spirit.
· Mohalla Tech has a zero-tolerance policy with respect to any form of bribery and/or corruption. Bribery and corruption are against our values. Mohalla Tech does not permit such actions, nor do we allow third parties acting on our behalf, such as agents, consultants, suppliers and contractors to make any such payments. The Supplier shall ensure the following:
· Implement monitoring and enforcement procedures to ensure compliance with anti- bribery and corruption laws;
· Raise invoices and claims in line with the agreed services and supplies, along with the supporting documents;
· Perform all business dealings transparently and maintain accurate details of the same in business books and records;
· Never offer, directly or indirectly, any form of gift, entertainment or anything of value to anyone on behalf of Mohalla Tech including government officials, customers or their representatives to obtain or retain business; influence business decisions; and/or secure an unfair advantage;
· Abstain from offering any bribe, kickbacks and/or facilitation payments.
· Suppliers’ business activities shall comply with all applicable laws and regulations in the countries and jurisdictions in which they operate including but not limited to corporate governance, occupational health and safety, labor standards and environmental management.
· Act in ethical, fair and professional manner in all engagements with Mohalla Tech and its stakeholders, and report instances where these standards are breached \ or are likely breached.
2. Conflict of Interest:
Suppliers will disclose to Mohalla Tech any situation that may appear to be a conflict of interest, and will immediately disclose any known family or other close personal relationships with our employees who have an influence over their engagements with us.
3. Human Rights:
Mohalla Tech expects our suppliers to conduct their activities in a manner that respects human rights;
· Voluntary Labor
Supplier employs all workers (this applies to all workers, including temporary, migrant, student, contract, direct employee, and any other type of worker) on a voluntary basis free from any threat of violence, threats of criminal penalty, and restrictions on freedom of movement. Supplier shall not use any prison, slave, bonded, forced, indentured, or debt induced labor, or engage in any other forms of compulsory labor, or any other forms of slavery or human trafficking.
· Minimum Age
Under no circumstances will supplier employ workers under the age of 15 or under the minimum age for work or mandatory schooling as specified by the local law, whichever is higher
· Employment Practices
The supplier shall only employ workers who are legally authorized to work in their facilities and are responsible for validating workers’ eligibility to work through appropriate documentation. All work shall be voluntary, and workers shall be free to leave work or terminate their employment upon reasonable notice.
· Health and Safety
The Supplier shall strive to provide a safe, healthy and clean working environment for its employees.
Suppliers with regard to all the work performed for Mohalla Tech, will pay legally-mandated wages and benefits, will comply with the law regarding wage deductions, and will provide workers with the basis on which workers are paid via pay stub or similar documentation.
· Working Hours
For all work performed for Mohalla Tech by the Supplier, Supplier shall s ensure that its workers work in compliance with all applicable laws and mandatory industry standards pertaining to regular working hours, and overtime hours, including breaks, rest periods, holidays, and maternity and paternity leaves.
Suppliers shall not discriminate in hiring or employment practices based on pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, race, religious creed, color, sex, gender, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, age, sexual orientation, union membership or any other criteria protected under law. Supplier shall uphold the dignity of its employees at all times and work towards establishing and reinforcing a positive work culture.
The Supplier shall strive for environmental sustainability, particularly with regard to the consumption of water and energy, and the management of waste and hazardous materials and shall also ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations relating to environment protection.
5. Gifts and Hospitality
Business gifts and hospitality are sometimes used in the normal course of business activity. However, if offers of gifts or hospitality (including entertainment or travel) are frequent or of substantial value, they may create the perception of, or an actual conflict of interest or an 'illicit payment'. Therefore, gifts and hospitality given or received should be modest in value, appropriate, and compliant with the law and company policies. Mohalla Tech employees will decline any offer of gift or hospitality that does not comply with the Mohalla Tech gifts and hospitality policy.
6. Third party representation
The Supplier shall not be authorized to represent Mohalla Tech, Elanic or ShareChat brand, logo, mark without the written permission of Mohalla Tech. Authorized representatives of Supplier are expected to abide by the Mohalla Tech Code of Conduct in their interaction with, and on behalf of Mohalla Tech, including the confidentiality of information shared with them.
7. Protecting company assets
The assets of Mohalla Tech shall not be misused; they shall be employed primarily and judiciously for the purpose of conducting the business for which they are duly authorized. These include tangible assets such as equipment and machinery, systems, facilities, materials and resources, as well as intangible assets such as proprietary information, intellectual property, and relationships with value-chain partners of Mohalla Tech.
8. Intellectual Property
Suppliers will respect intellectual property rights, and will conduct technology and know-how transfers in a manner protecting intellectual property rights.
9. Confidential Information & Privacy
a. If the Supplier becomes aware of material, non-public information, including but not limited to business strategies, trade secrets relating to Mohalla Tech or its business, it shall not engage in any other action to take advantage of that information, including passing that information on to others. In addition, if the Supplier becomes aware of material, non-public information about any other company, including Mohalla Tech customers, suppliers, vendors or other business partners, that is obtained by virtue of the Supplier's interaction with Mohalla Tech, then the Supplier may not engage in any other action to take advantage of that information, including passing that information on to others.
b. Suppliers will protect the privacy of personal information of everyone with whom they do business, including suppliers, customers, consumers, and workers.
10. Supply chain
The Supplier is expected to implement its own binding code of conduct, and is expected to make reasonable efforts to promote the principles of this code in its own supply chain.
11. Reporting violations
The Supplier shall notify Mohalla Tech regarding any known or suspected improper behavior by the Mohalla Tech relating to its dealings with Mohalla Tech, or any known or suspected improper behavior by Mohalla Tech employees by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Reported violations will be treated confidentially without retaliation.